Tuition Terms and Conditions
Conditions of Enrolment 2023
Cancellation fees apply to all our packages.
- This option is designed for new students who only book 1 lesson or less than 10 lessons.
- This can be paid in full or in weekly instalments.
- To secure a casual lesson, you will need to register online (https://resonatormusic.com/tuition/ ) and prepay for the lesson online or in-store.
- If enrolled under this category, RM doesn’t secure the time slot, and your place may be offered to someone on our waiting list.
- The Rebel Package is a 10-week private lesson, for the 4 school terms of the year.
- The students enrolled with this package will reserve the right to keep the original time slot during the year.
- This package must be paid for in full one week before the first lesson of the school term (or invoice due date).
- However, if the package hasn’t been paid in full by the invoice due date, the package will be cancelled and the time slot will be offered to someone on our waiting list.
Rock Start Membership
- The membership is a weekly direct debit for a year, which secures the student time slot.
- The KIDS membership stops during the school holidays and auto-renew at the beginning of every term.
- The SENIOR membership is an ongoing program, including lessons during the school holidays.
- The Garage Band Kids is an Ensemble (with different instruments at an intermediate level). The students who can join must be kids from years 3+ to high school.
- The Kids' Group Class is a shared lesson with the same instrument. Available in 30 minutes (for kids from 7 to 11 years old) and 60 minutes (for kids from 12 to 17 years old).
- All group lessons are subject to a minimum of 3 students to go ahead. Should numbers not meet the required minimum, we may reluctantly need to cancel the particular class.
- Group lessons must be paid for in full before the first class.
- No refund, credit or make-up lessons will be provided for any missed classes.
- Group lessons will always go ahead regardless of absences.
- Group lessons will go ahead if the regular teacher is away as a substitute teacher will be provided.
Delivery of Lessons
- All lessons are conducted by qualified teachers in their field of expertise. All staff has a valid Working With Children (WWC) check and are double vaccinated.
- Lessons begin and end promptly at the designated time.
- Group lessons are performed accordingly to students’ abilities and may change, depending on the student’s program.
Change of Teacher
- RM reserves the right to supply a substitute tutor if the original tutor is unavailable.
- If the instructor is unable to teach the scheduled lesson, then the student will be taught by a supplementary instructor, or that lesson will be credited or rescheduled.
Credits and Refunds
- Credits or refunds are not given for missed lessons, unless due to tutor absence.
- If the student doesn’t turn up for the lesson, the student will lose any unused time.
- Failure to give 20 hours’ cancellation notice before the lesson, RM won’t give credits or refunds.
- Paid On-hold lessons are active for 4 months. After 4 months, our system will expire unscheduled lessons without the possibility to reactivate them again. No refund is given for expired on-hold lessons.
- Refund requests for on-hold paid lessons must be received by RM within 30 days of receiving the confirmation email in order to be considered.
- All the students can cancel their own lessons from the reminder email or directly login into the student portal https://resonatormusic.com/student-access/
- 20 hours notice is required to avoid charges, except in extreme circumstances (e.g. illness or injury requiring hospitalisation, death in the family). Proof must be provided on the same day (e.g. medical certificate).
- Two weeks' cancelation notice for any package is required for any withdrawal and must be given in writing to the RM office.
- Failure to give two weeks’ notice will incur a 10% as cancellation fee of the full charge of the term (10 weeks).
- A $1.50 administration fee will be effective for every single lesson cancelled by our staff (requested by email or phone). It is the parents' and students' responsibility to cancel their own lessons, using the student portal.
- Only 1 booked lesson can be cancelled twice in a row. If the same lesson is cancelled for the third time or the third week in a row, this lesson will be automatically lost, and no refund or credit will be given.
- Warning emails will be sent for unpaid lessons, and if they remain unpaid for the second lesson in a row, will result in a package cancellation.
- Cancelling or being absent for more than 4 lessons in a row, will automatically cancel the package, and the slot will be offered to someone on our waiting list. This will incur a 10% deduction as a cancellation fee of the full charge of the term (10 weeks).
- All enrolments must be submitted online via our website or in person with a Resonator Music & Tuition (RM) staff.
- An enrolment becomes valid, and lessons can commence upon payment and confirmation of lesson placement by Resonator Music & Tuition (RM) administration.
- All active students will have access to the Student Portal.
- 24 hours before every lesson, the student / parent will receive via email, a lesson reminder. It is the responsibility of the student / parent to follow up on the email.
- Enrolment is continuing for the whole calendar year.
- The enrolment fee is payable per 10 weeks term as a package or in weekly instalments.
- A weekly instalment creates a direct debit from your financial institution. This automatic payment means you don't have to remember to pay for a booked lesson.
- In case the credit card has insufficient funds, our booking system will try to activate your payment in the next working day.
- In the event of financial hardship, please contact the office to discuss payment plans and/or apply for fee assistance.
- Students may only re-enroll if a new package or membership is paid.
- Payment can be paid by cash, EFTPOS, credit or debit card.
Creative Kids Vouchers
- Creative Kids Vouchers can be submitted in the Expression of Interest Form (for new students), or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- By submitting your voucher you are agreeing that RM will be using this rebate toward your music lessons.
- Vouchers cannot be reimbursed if you decide to cease lessons.
- Once your voucher is successfully submitted to Service NSW the $100 amount will be applied as a credit to your next payment.
- RM reserves the right to review and implement changes to fees at any time.
- RM and the tutors reserve the right to discontinue lessons where student or parent behaviour or attitude is deemed inappropriate.
- The parent/guardian of the child or the adult student authorises Resonator Music & Tuition to use images or recordings of the student in a photo, film and/or audio recording and/or use the student’s work sample for promotional use only.
- Payment of fees implies your acceptance of Resonator Music's terms and conditions and your agreement to abide by these terms and conditions.