Tuition Terms and Conditions
Conditions of Enrolment
- All enrolment must be submitted online via our website or in person with a Resonator Music & Tuition (RM) staff.
- An enrolment becomes valid, and lessons can commence upon payment and confirmation of lesson placement by Resonator Music & Tuition (RM) administration.
- All active students will have access to the Student Portal. (Students in trial or waiting list don't have access to the Student Portal.
- 24 hours before every lesson, the student / parent will receive via email, a lesson reminder. It is the responsibility of the student / parent to follow up on the email.
- Enrolment is continuing for the whole calendar year.
- It is the responsibility of the student / parent to ensure that they have paid the enrolment fee.
- In those cases where a student is undecided/unsure about commencing study in a particular instrument, a 30-minute casual lesson can be arranged with an appropriate tutor to discuss the student’s needs and aspirations. This is charged at the casual lesson rate.
- The enrolment fee is payable per 10 weeks term as a package or in weekly installments.
- A weekly installment creates a direct debit from your financial institution. This automatic payment means you don't have to remember to pay for a booked lesson.
- In case the credit card has insufficient funds, our booking system will try to activate your payment in the next working day.
- In the event of financial hardship, please contact the office to discuss payment plans and/or apply for fee assistance.
- Students may only re-enroll if a new package or membership is paid.
- Payment can be paid by cash, EFTPOS, credit or debit card.
- Piccolo Package is designed for new students that only book 10-weeks. This can be paid in full or in weekly installments. If the student is enrolled under this category, RM cannot reserve the right to keep the time slot available for the student. Cancellation fees apply.
- Rebel Package is designed for students with commitments during school holidays, but with the guarantee to come back next term. In this case, RM will reserve the right to keep the student’s original time slot. However, if the package hasn’t been paid in full by the invoice due date, the lesson will be canceled and the time slot will be released to the public. Cancellation fees apply.
- Rock Start Membership is a weekly direct debit for a year, which allows the student to have the same time slot for the year. Cancellation fees apply
Delivery of Lessons
- All lessons are conducted by qualified teachers in their field of expertise. All staff has a valid Working With Children (WWC) check and double vaccinated.
- Lessons begin and end promptly at the designated time.
- Group lessons are performed accordingly to students’ abilities and may change, depending on the student’s program.
Change of Teacher
- RM reserves the right to supply a substitute tutor if the original tutor is unavailable.
- If the instructor is unable to teach the scheduled lesson, then the student will be taught by a supplementary instructor, or that lesson will be credited or rescheduled.
Credits and Refunds
- Credits or refunds are not given for missed lessons, unless due to tutor absence.
- If the student doesn’t turn up for the lesson, the student will lose any unused time.
- Failure to give 20 hours’ cancelation notice prior to the lesson, RM won’t give credits or refunds.
- On-hold lessons are active for 4 months. After 4 months, our system will expire unscheduled lessons without the possibility to reactivate them again. No refund is given for expired on-hold lessons.
- Refund requests for on-hold paid lessons must be received by RM within 30 days of receiving the confirmation email in order to be considered.
- All the students can cancel their own lessons from the reminder email or login in to the student portal. 20 hours notice is required to avoid charges.
- In the case the student/parent can't access the student portal, RM must be informed of the cancellations, or rescheduling of one single lesson with 20 hours’ notice (prior to the lesson) where possible, by phone, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only 1 booked lesson can be canceled twice in a row. If the same lesson is canceled for the third time or the third week in a row, this lesson will be automatically lost, and no refund or credit will be given.
- Two weeks’ cancelation notice for any plan or package is required for any withdrawal and must be given in writing to the RM office.
- Failure to give two weeks’ notice will incur a 10% as a cancellation fee of the full charge of the term (10 weeks).
- RM reserves the right to review and implement changes to fees at any time.
- RM and the tutors reserve the right to discontinue lessons where student or parent behavior or attitude is deemed inappropriate.
- The parent/guardian of the child or the adult student authorises Resonator Music & Tuition to use image or recording of the student in a photo, film and/or audio recording and/or use the student’s work sample for promotional use only.
- Payment of fees implies your acceptance of RM terms and conditions and your agreement to abide by these terms and conditions.